IFSAM is the International Federation of Scholarly Associations of Management.
Our mission is to promote research and teaching in the field of management and to exchange and disperse ideas and systems in this field all over the world.
- We hope to provide a truly global and efficient medium for this exchange, in the interest of humankind, in general, and the management community, in particular.
- IFSAM is working towards achieving these goals by promoting the worldwide exchange of information and global communication, especially within the science community, but also between the science community and management practice.
- We do this by creating and supporting networks and by taking on development responsibilities.
- IFSAM encourages its member organisations to exchange information on management research and teaching.
- Our conferences are opportunities for scholars around the world to share new knowledge pertaining to important managerial questions and issues.
The Council is at the heart of IFSAM's mission and is the driving force behind these goals.
- The Council, chaired by IFSAM's President, meets every year with the Executive Board.
- IFSAM's President is responsible for developing the federation in collaboration with the Council.
- Two representatives from each member organization may participate in the Council meetings.
- The Council meetings are an excellent opportunity to discuss issues and opportunities faced by member organizations.
- The Council is also responsible selects the place, timing, and themes of IFSAM's conferences.
IFSAM holds an international conference every two years.
- These conferences address significant management issues.
- They are an excellent opportunity to meet scholars from around the world.
- The conferences are held on continents around the world.