- IFSAM provides an opportunity for executive members of associations to meet with their
peers and exchange ideas and suggestions that they can use to improve the functioning of their own associations.
- IFSAM's Council meetings provide a forum for interaction with other association representatives and discussion of issues pertaining to the management of their own association.
- IFSAM's Council meetings and conferences provide an opportunity to develop contacts, exchange ideas, and learn from the experiences of other associations.
- IFSAM provides an opportunity to work together to support the development of academies of management in developing countries.
- IFSAM's conferences are held in diverse and interesting locations and are organized by academics from various member associations.
- IFSAM's conferences gather academics from around the world to present research and gain valuable feedback from peers, develop research networks and opportunities for collaborative research.
- IFSAM's conferences are venues for sharing current research and teaching practices and standards.