- encourage the establishment of scholarly associations of management,
- promote linkages and exchanges of information amongst associations and support their internationalization,
- establish and maintain standards of competence in management research, teaching and practice,
- organize international conferences to explore the development and exchange of new concepts and perspectives on global business, and management challenges and developments,
- promote other strategies to develop management research, teaching and practice, and encourage the development of contextualized fields of inquiry, and
- facilitate the development of networks amongst academics with common interests.