- IFSAM strives to be the United Nations of academies pertaining to management around the world.
- It is a federative organization whose members are management-related scholarly associations.
As stated in IFSAM’s statutes: The objects of the Federation shall be the development of management research and teaching as a unified science and its advancement in all nations of the world. Means to this end shall include:
- Promoting the development of specific parts of management research and teaching and encouraging the development of new fields;
- Establishing and maintaining standards of competence in management research and teaching;
- Sponsoring international conferences;
- Providing other means for exchange of information on management research and teaching among associations of scholars throughout the world; and
- Encouraging the establishment of national associations of scholars of management.