IFSAM is governed by its General Assembly which is entrusted with implementing IFSAM mission.
- The General Assembly is formed by two representatives from each member organization plus the members of the Board of Directors (BoD).
- The General Assembly, chaired by IFSAM’s President, is called for and meets at least once a year.
- The General Assembly members elect the IFSAM Board of Directors (BoD) which is composed of the Past President, President, President-Elect, Treasurer, Secretary and members at large. The BoD is chaired by the President.
- General Assembly members elect a President-elect (for a year) who subsequently become President (for an additional year) and Past President (for a third and final year). The Treasurer, Secretary and members at large are elected for two years; their term can be renewed.
- The General Assembly meetings are an excellent opportunity to discuss issues and opportunities faced by member organizations.
- The General Assembly is also responsible for selecting the place, timing, and themes of IFSAM’s conferences.