IFSAM is an association composed of scholarly associations of management. An association wanting to become a member of IFSAM should have at least four of the following characteristics:
- The majority of individual members (if any) of the association should be professional academics in the management or business field, broadly defined (employed by business schools, universities or other educational institutions).
- The majority of the association’s institutional members (if any) should be management or business education schools or colleges of universities or similar educational institutions.
- The association should arrange meetings or conferences (probably including research and/or education) at least once every two years.
- The association should have a management structure (i.e. a procedure for selecting the president/chair person, secretary and other officers).
- The association should have a regular newsletter or a website announcing its activities and giving names of the officers.
- The association should have a journal and/or a publication series.
- The association should run workshops for research students and/or junior staff (possibly in connection with the research conferences).
If your association is interested in joining IFSAM, please prepare a letter addressed to the IFSAM president that describes how your association meets these characteristics. Upon receipt of the letter, the president of IFSAM will forward it to the current members who will then vote via one month electronic ballot. We would then inform you as soon as possible of the result of the vote.