- Foundation recognized as a non-profit public utility
- Established since 1968.
- Jointly governed by representatives of the State and enterprises
- Financed by French public authorities (State, Chambers of Commerce and Industry) and enterprises.
- To develop and improve the quality of French training programs in management and business administration.
- To promote stronger ties between education and industry.
- To create and support pedagogical innovations.
- To develop and spread, in France and abroad, French research in management sciences.
- To export French management teaching know-how.
The main activities:
Development of management education in France:
- funding of pedagogical research programs,
- updating of pedagogical material,
- organization of meetings and conferences on management education,
- financial and technical assistance to the French Ph.D. programs,
- collaboration among the network of about 60 French corporate management training establishments (Universities and IAEs:Paris-Dauphine, Paris I Sorbonne…, and business schools: HEC, ESSEC, ESC Paris, ESC Lyon…)
Training of management teachers:
- scholarships for Ph.D students,
- organization of doctoral methodological seminars within the CEFAG (European Center for Training in Management)
- fundings of international programs for professional development of management educators.
Support and development of research and management practices:
- funding of research programs in collaboration with the French academic associations of management (accounting and management control; finance, human resources, information systems, marketing, strategic management…)
- organization of research seminars,
- publication of the Revue Française de Gestion, the main academic journal in France in the field of management sciences.
- Setting up management programs and projects abroad in collaboration with French Public authorities (Ministry of Foreign Affairs…) and international bodies for cooperation assistance (World Bank, UNDP, ILO, EEC).
- programs of training for foreign managers (practical training with incompany projects) and for foreign trainers.
- technical assistance to foreign management centers.
Some examples of recent programs:
- the French-Chinese Management Center in Peking (China)
- The French-Czech Management Institute in Praha (Czech Republic)
- a training of trainers program with Phnom Penh Business School
- creation of three business schools in Morocco
- creation of a French-Egyptian management diploma at the University of Aïn Shams, Cairo (Egypt),
- training for executives and trainers at the University of Timisoara (Romania).
Publications and information supports:
- Revue Française de Gestion (6 issues per year)
- Annual report
- Newsletter (monthly)
- Surveys on research and education in the field of management (list on request)